Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What knowledge have you connected with past knowledge? Take 2

We have touched on many topics that I am very familiar with and have studied extensively. Glycolysis was a topic that we looked at in depth in general microbiology. We had to learn all of the steps, enzymes, products, how those products were used, etc. It was refreshing to look at this again and to just look at the big concepts of the process, because quite frankly I don't remember all of the steps anymore and I could very easily look them up in a book if I needed them. To study it in the way that we are is perfect, we get a great overview and understanding of the process and know the basic steps and products. Also, thermodynamics was a review from general chemistry and even before that. It is always comforting to review topics. Overall, this class has connected with a lot of my previous learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment